Friday, July 09, 2010

The poor man's apple

While I was almost done for the weekend and winding up my code changes; the next cube guy offered me this tomato from his garden. I forgot what this variety was but I've seen similar ones in Walmart called slicing tomatoes. He explained how he grew tomatoes, cucumbers, strawberries, etc. That was quite impressive to hear from a Gen-Y guy to have this hobby. My dad loves gardening but hes only into flowers; no veggies or fruits. Farming is a good business option and considering the fact that organic food is becoming a big hit. If not for business I would love to have some organic greens in my garden than buying a pesticide infected veggie. What am I going to do with the tomato? Its a pretty huge tomato; so enough to make a chicken curry.

Labels: , ,