Saturday, October 24, 2009

The first funeral...

That dates back to the year 2003 ... yeah I was 20(pretty old) when I got hit by it. It was that day in Dec when we got the news of his accident and we all prayed for his safety. He died in the hospital though I was very certain he would be out of this but he didnt. It was a shock for all of us .. the entire church were mournful and I didnt have the guts to go enter his home as I was a weak heart. A huge crowd had gathered around his house and we could hear the lamenting. People from all across Mumbai came in buses and trains and the church overflowed. The priest broke down when he gave the sermon as he spoke about Dooley and that was the first time I cried so much, the tears were flowing as if the dam of my tears had collapsed and my attempts to stop them were ruthless. That was my first experience w/ a funeral and since we knew him from childhood it made it worse. He was a great guitar player, a trouble maker ... always in controversies but he was special for everyone ... that was confirmed by the tears in each person's eyes who turned up for his funeral.
Dedicating this hymn for Dooley ... "You are mine" by David Haas (never knew it was played in funerals)



I will come to you in the silence
I will lift you from all your fear
You will hear My voice
I claim you as My choice
Be still, and know I am near

I am hope for all who are hopeless
I am eyes for all who long to see
In the shadows of the night,
I will be your light
Come and rest in Me

Do not be afraid, I am with you
I have called you each by name
Come and follow Me
I will bring you home
I love you and you are mine

I am strength for all the despairing
Healing for the ones who dwell in shame
All the blind will see, the lame will all run free
And all will know My name

I am the Word that leads all to freedom
I am the peace the world cannot give
I will call your name, embracing all your pain
Stand up, now, walk, and live

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home