Monday, April 20, 2009

The American Dream

I never had the big American dream; but I did want to visit this country to see what it really holds. And should I say I was amazed!! :) I then realized why many people have this dream. Its truly a land of oppurunities. Pre-IT boom days, Bombay was the land of oppurunities in India. I like any place ... school college city country... that is open to every person who comes in. America is in that aspect the best country to take in the best in class immigrants and create greater oppurtunities for its own people. Speaking of it... this is one country which was created by immigrants ... a country that can vote for an Afro-American President. There are many things I like about America ... most important of all it has a very positive attitude. I thought this kind of thought was only applicable for youngsters like me, but I was mistaken when my parents echoed the same thing when they visited me. That doesnt make it an universal truth, but it still matters how non-Americans feel about America. But the recent proctetionism policies that A makes might prove to be very unfortunate for a country like this. Hopefully, things get better and more youngsters get an oppurtunity to come to this land of oppurtunities.

Per Vivek Wadhwa -
"India-born immigrants, for example, constitute less than 1% of the US population. Yet they started 6.7% of the nation's tech companies. So immigration is actually an economic multiplier. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home