Sunday, August 10, 2008

sMothering

The other day I went to the library and we had to be out in 2 mins. I was very well determined to take a book and my mind went blank at the thought of it. Nothing striked me. I was lost in an ocean of books surrounding me and didnt know what to pick. I found a book just on one of the shelves and attracted by its color, I took it. Never judge a book by its cover - but it helped me to grab this fabulous book which I realized only later.

Wendy French - this was the first time I'm reading this author's book. sMothering is her first novel and its wonderful and feels so true at times. I've been a sarcasm lover and this book goes in my Funny-Books-Hall-O-Fame. If you want get going with this debut of Wendy French, search on Google Books - they have an e-version of it. This book is a must read! :)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger philia said...

Fortunately this time the cover design matched the content unlike :) "The Mammoth Book of Heroic and Outrageous Women"

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 10:54:00 AM  
Blogger Subha said...

The woman on the cover for the Mammoth book is Mata Hari ... she was actually a very strong woman spy. I understand its hard for men to accept a woman being an all rounder. Reality bites!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 5:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home